There's really no one like Faith out there. She's a strong, unique character and it’s no surprise that we have passionate fans all over the world who love to cosplay as her. With San Diego Comic-Con just around the corner, we want to throw a competition for those of you that love being in Faith's shoes.
Now, what’s it all about? It’s easy, dress up as Faith, follow @mirrorsedge on Twitter and post your picture either on Twitter (don't forget to mention @mirrorsedge) with an acknowledgment that you’ve read and accept the Official Rules* or swing by the Dark Horse Comics booth at San Diego Comic-Con between July 9-12th from 9:30AM–5PM each day to show us your creation and enter into the contest.
The cosplay contest beings on July 9th at 9AM PST and ends on July 30th at 9AM PST. There will be a panel judging the submissions. What's in it for you then, except for the recognition? A total of five winners will each receive a Mirror’s Edge Catalyst lithograph signed by the development team. This is a prize we believe some of the most devoted fans will want to get their hands on.
We’ll contact the winners on July 30th with the winners announced on August 10th.
This contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Cosplay Competition (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: The Contest begins on July 9, 2015 at 9:00AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on July 30, 2015 at 9:00AM PST (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
Start Date and Time
End Date and Time
July 9, 2015 at 9:00am PST
July 23, 2015 at 9:00am PST
July 24, 2015 at 9:00am PST
July 30, 2015 at 9:00am PST
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Enter: During the Submission phase, submit a picture of yourself in costume replicating the character Faith from the Mirror’s Edge video game in one of two ways: (1) follow @mirrorsedge on Twitter and tweet your picture, including a mention @mirrorsedge and the sentence “I have read & accept the Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Cosplay Competition Rules,” or (2) visit the Dark Horse booth in person at San Diego Comic-Con from July 9 to July 12 from 9:30am PST to 5:00pm PST each day and submit your picture, first and last name, home address, and email address at the booth (each, the “Entry”). By uploading or submitting your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
Entries must incorporate only the entrant’s cosplay of the Faith character from the Mirror’s Edge video game as instructed herein (the “Contest Assets”) and may also include the entrant’s own originally created artwork (“Original Creations”). Entries must pertain to the Mirror’s Edge video game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No group, or team efforts, or multi-author(ed) designs will be accepted in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate the facial likeness of another person, within your picture. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Submission of previously published art is prohibited. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations (other than the Sponsor-provided images), trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or the likenesses of any other real-life individuals, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Entries received from any person or Twitter username in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
Uploading and submitting an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entries in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry. Sponsor (as defined in Section 10 below) and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
By providing any Contest Assets for entrants’ use, Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-commercial license to use the Contest Assets solely in connection with, and as a part of, the Contest. Entrants shall otherwise have no right, title or interest in or to any Contest Assets except as otherwise granted by Sponsor, and any use of the Contest Assets (including use of the Entry that contains Contest Assets) other than as permitted by these Official Rules may constitute copyright and/or trademark infringement.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account or email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
For Residents of Germany and Poland: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line “Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Cosplay Competition” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Residents of Spain: the United States privacy laws apply to the collection, processing and transfer of personal information that may be required by this Contest. Yet, for the aspects of those activities that may fall under specific Spanish privacy law (including the Ley Orgánica 15/1999 de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal of December 13th, 1999), it is agreed that Electronic Arts Ltd, Via de los poblados, 3 edificio 3, 28033 Madrid, SPAIN (the ‘Data Controller”) is responsible for the filing system which collects and processes the participants’ personal information for purposes of administration of the Contest and prize fulfillment, in the terms set forth above. The collection and processing of personal information may be performed in areas such as the United States, which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union. The personal information may be transferred to the Sponsor and its subsidiaries (in Spain and other territories such as the United States, which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union) for purposes of supporting the Data Controller with the administration of the Contest. Personal Information may also be publicly distributed in all media, including, but not limited to, the Internet, in order for the Contest to be properly performed (this is applicable to territories such as the United States which laws may not ensure the level of data protection applicable in the European Union). Any right related to privacy law that may be available to participants (including, but not limited to, right to access, correct , withdraw and object) should be brought before the Data Collector at the abovementioned direction.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select five (5) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the “Top Entry” or “Top Entries”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 50% Accuracy, 30% Design, and 20% Creativity.
b. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Accuracy, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Top Entries if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
6. Notification: The potential winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message or e-mail on or about July 31, 2015. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
7. Prizes: Each of the five (5) winners will receive one (1) Mirror’s Edge Catalyst lithograph signed by the development team, each with an approximate retail value of USD 49.99 or 45 Euros or 67 Australian dollars. The total prize pool value is approximately USD 250 or 225 Euros or 335 Australian dollars. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow 3 weeks for shipment of prize(s).
8. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in Australia, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from Sponsor’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; (3) That by accepting a prize, Sponsor may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited ; and (4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
b. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
9. Winners List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the end the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than October 1, 2015. We will post the names of confirmed winners online after September 1, 2015 at www.twitter.com/mirrorsedge. This list will remain posted until April 1, 2016.